Tourism is a growing business within the UK and there is a growing trend for holiday destinations to be sustainable and environmentally friendly. This is where building with SIPs can prove a valuable asset to your holiday park development offering a range of advantages, including: speed of construction; predictable completion dates; less on–site labour and the provision of a weather–tight shell.
The panelised nature of the Kingspan TEK building System is ideal for SIPs holiday parks and can enable a fast track building process, which can help to reduce construction time. Follow on trades can start work sooner, as an erected Kingspan TEK® Building System kit, when wrapped with a breathable membrane can provide a weather–tight shell, helping the contractor complete the project faster.
– Can be used to create highly energy efficient buildings.
– Can achieve whole wall and roof U–values of 0.20 – 0.10 W/m2.K or better.
– Can achieve air leakage rates as good as 0.08 air changes per hour at normal pressures (approximately 1 m3/hour/m2 at 50 Pa).
– Creates minimal site waste, as kits are designed, cut and palletised in a quality controlled, factory environment.
– All the components for a typical Kingspan TEK® Building System kit, e.g. panels and ancillaries, come from one source, therefore there are fewer deliveries, less transport, congestion, noise and traffic pollution, which reduces a project’s impact on the environment.
– The OSB facing of Kingspan TEK® Building System panels is PEFC Chain of Custody certified at 70%.
– Wall and roof elements, constructed using the Kingspan TEK® Building System in a 142 mm panel thickness, correspond to generic elements with 2008 BRE Global Green Guide Summary Ratings of A+ or A.
– Manufactured with a blowing agent that has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).