Kingspan TEK® SIPs Cladding Panel
The Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panel is an innovative Structural Insulated Panel System (SIPs)- capable of cladding any structure – be it timber, steel or concrete.
The panels are 142 or 172mm thick and consist of a high performance rigid urethane insulation core, sandwiched between two layers of 15mm oriented strand board (OSB). Panels are manufactured to suit the individual project. Each panel has a standard dimension of width: 200mm (min.), 1,220mm (max.) and length: 7,500mm (max.) but can be pre-assembled prior to delivery in our factory using TEK’s unique jointing system to suit efficient crane erection.
The lightweight SIPs Cladding panels can enable a fast track building process which can help reduce construction time. A three man team can typically install 150m2 of Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels per day, allowing follow-on trades to commence work sooner, once panels are erected and wrapped with a breathable membrane.
The Kingspan TEK® Building System is recognised by the major building warranty providers such as NHBC, Building Life Plans and Premier Guarantee and also holds BBA and NSAI Agrément Certification.
Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels leave ample scope for design. The panels are pre-cut offsite to exacting standards to meet the projects engineering and design specifications and are delivered to site ready for installation. TEK® Cladding Panels can be installed ‘in-board’ as infill panels in apertures of the structural frame of a building, or alternatively, can be installed ‘out-board’, wrapping the whole structural frame facade.
Because the core is autohesively bonded to the OSB, facade finishes can be fixed directly to Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels reducing bracket costs and maximising fixing position flexibility when compared to traditional SFS solutions. The panels can provide the necessary thermal and structural performance for most facade systems including rainscreen.
Sustainability at its Core
When combined with appropriate fenestration details and taped joints, Kingspan TEK® Cladding Panels
- Can be used to create highly energy efficient buildings
- Can achieve whole wall U-Values of 0.20 to 0.10 W/m2K or better
- Can achieve air leakage levels significantly better than 10 m3/hour.m 2
- Are highly airtight construction can achieve air permeability of less than 1 m3/hr.m2 at 50 Pa#.
- Deliver Zero ODP and low Global Warming Potential
- Offer high dimensional accuracy with zero shrinkage and minimal site waste
- Constructions available that correspond to BRE Global Green Guide -Summary Rating A+
- British Board of Agrément (BBA) Approval Inspection Testing Certificate
- NSAI Agrément Certification
If you’d like more information on SIPs Cladding and how SIPs Scotland can help with your project please email firstname.lastname@example.org